Instructor: Byron C. Anderson, PhD
Course Description: Current topics in information and communications technology. Development of competencies to meet MS in Information & Communication Technologies requirements.
1. Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
2. Examine influences of ICT on the global economy
3. Examine the impacts of ICT on social, psychological, and philosophical patterns
4. Analyze an ICT enterprise to identify underlying organization and operational issues that may suggest the expansion or contraction of the enterprise
5. Develop a review of literature attentive to a select MS-ICT emphasis topic in context with one’s own learning outcomes or career direction
Text: Kressel, H. (2007). Competing for the future: How digital innovations are changing the world. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
· Enterprise Project - REPORT: Five common issues at an enterprise’s organizational or operational level related to information and communication technologies (ICT) that seem to foster growth or accentuate difficulties
· Enterprise WHITE PAPER: Mobile Payments
· BOOK REVIEW: Marketing 2.0 Bridging the Gap between Seller and Buyer through Social Media Marketing. By Bernie Borges.
· DISCUSSION: In what ways might we expect to see AI effect people psychologically under the presumption that AI will expand into more and more elements and settings of our lives?