Instructor: Steve Schlough, PhD
Course Description: Evaluation of information and communication technology. Impacts of information and communication technologies on organizations and society.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Compare definitions for information, communication, technologies, and information and communication technologies (ICT).
2. Appraise the history of ICT.
3. Estimate when to adopt new technology.
4. Design ICT systems.
5. Assess the impact of ICT’s on organizations and society research, e‐commerce, e‐business, e-government, and the learning models.
6. Predict future trends in ICT.
Text: Bowman, H. van den Hoff, B. van den Wijngaert, L. & van Dijk, J (2005). Information and communication technology in organizations. London: Sage Publications
· RESEARCH PAPER: (Published) ICT Banking Strategies
· SSRN Top Ten Downloaded Paper
· DISCUSSION: 50 Percent of projects either fail or are canceled completely, while in 40 percent of all cases implementation is late or over budget (McDonagh 2001).
· DISCUSSION: The Use of ICT is determined by personal preferences, user styles and organizational cultures.
· DISCUSSION: 4004 Microprocessor – 1971 ICT Milestone